Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career advancement of MSO
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I can't really get use to the the environment there eventhough I have already work for 6months. all my life i've been rushing for school, assignments & work commitment. stats board pace is just too slow for me.. Actually right from the start like first month I have been complaining about my work becos whenever i ask my sup question 95% of the time I will get "i don't know" as my answer which is totally different from private sector. basically I do almost everything as a admin or the first person people will approach whenever they need anything from admin. while my colleague portfolio only have like 1-2 major item and i don't understand why the boss can let them stay there for many years.

I work at a law firm before when I was 16! I know is super stress and everyday is just OT to meet deadline and prepare documents for court. I graduate with Diploma in Business from TP. any advise should i take SIM GE, RMIT degree in accountancy or UniSim Bachelor of business? why i choose 2 diff course in both school? because if i take accountancy in unisim I will only graduate in 4.5years provided i did not fail any module and take 4-5module every semester. for RMIT i am exempted for basic modules.
your colleague is dip also or deg? support stuff usually get delegated a lot of sai kang and mundance stuff.

yup, liti is quite tensed most of the time but not every firm/team got a lot of OT. corp and finance is usually better though! i heard IP is quite easy and they do take in newbies, mostly just support one exec for big firms.

regarding your degree choice, auditors or acccountants sometimes work long hours also. can be past midnight time during peak period. take the course you think you are more interested in but if you just want to get a degree, then whichever is easier, probably biz since you have some background.

if you plan to work for private sector, which degree doesn't matter as much. of course, if you can, local route might still be better in some cases.