Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career advancement of MSO
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm curious do you face any challenges after leaving govt? Like did anyone ask why you want to leave govt because is "iron rice bowl". How to get pay increment of 1k?

fyi,i just graduate from poly this year and I joined govt sector as a fresh graduate but my pay is slightly lower than yours.
nope, in my first legal job, my bosses are quite opened-minded. not those type with the mindset that x diploma or x experience, can only do x job. and i was in a coy where the turnover was relatively high and salary was just slightly higher than my CS job but very heavy work load and fast paced work, so they weren't extremely picky as they needed the candidate to join quickly as well.

then i used the experience i gained (although quite minimal) to jump ship. bonus was also quite high, so i asked the job agent to ask the current coy to at least match my annual package.

i though CS pay is standard one for starting...

anyway, don't stay there too long, pick up some transferrable skills or some skills that you can tell ppl that are transferrable. where is your diploma in?