Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Recent job market in 2014 (3rd-4th qtr)
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2014, 01:13 AM

borderlands is on a distinguished road
Default Recent job market in 2014 (3rd-4th qtr)

Hi, I am working in a govt-link company, but would like to jump ship to the private sector.

However, my friends commented the market is bad and sentiment isn't so good. In fact, some financial advisers and banker friends told me over dinner that next year is going to be a bad year, esp property, etc. This is because alot of people are still holding to their HDB and next year onwards, alot of condos are going to TOP. Hence, these occupiers/upgraders need to offload their HDB and stay at the newly build condos. But the problem lies here - HDB prices are going down and if they are to force sell, they are going to top up the balance on HDB flats, or be in debt. This also means they would be 'double-debt' since they need to pay for their HDB balance and condo loan. Should they forsake the condo downpaypement, it's bad too.

Nonetheless, without conforming to education and job scope, how's the economy now? I can't feel anything because I'm working in the govt-related sector.

Is the economy faring bad compared to last year? Any suggestions or forecast how it would be next year?

Well, I guess my post has 2 segments in it: property decline and economy regress.

Any comments or suggestive thoughts?