Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Some questions on office politics and streetsmart-ness
View Single Post
Old 13-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am jobless for 6 months.

I will never do well in a fast paced office environment.

I am very human.

I do things at a moderated pace. I don't rush my work. I don't rush when I talk.
When I talk to you, I want to have meaningful conversations. When I discuss with you, I need you to reciprocate with similar level of teamwork and effort I put in the work,

I hate useless office banter like: WAH THEY MOVING STUFF NOW THE PANTRY SO CROWDED HOR!!!!!
ANOTHER OF THE BLOODY USELESS OFFICE BANTER LIKE "you having late lunch today ah?"

Oh Ya, like you bloody care my lunch late.
And pantry crowded so what? Movers are moving stuff what!!

I also need a gf who can have meaningful conversations with me.! LOL
dude, i get what you mean about meaningful conversations. i hate small talk and going through the motions stuff.

but that's just how the world works man...anyway what you see as surface level useless conversation is considered networking/relationship building to other people. some people are just not suited for corporate/office environments. either find some other way to make money (if you're lucky/talented enough) or you just have to suck it up.

i don't care if my colleagues think i'm dao/weird at my current job because i don't want to stay there anyway. i act like an autistic person in the office because i can't be bothered...i just do my work then go home on time and try to apply for other jobs.