Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 13-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Unregistered

We should have more people like you with no car. Our roads are really congested and it is not enjoyable to drive during peak hours. In my condo, which is next to an MRT, the number of cars seems to be increasing with many of my neighbours just scrapping their old cars for new ones. Even those retired have bought new cars!

What kind of work are you in now? Is it desk bound? You should know whether you can continue working in same capacity as you get older. Many of my older colleagues who chose to continue working after hitting 60 stepped down to less demanding jobs with pay cuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We are not among the high earners in this forum. Our combined income is only $120k pa. We bought a condo for $500k in 2005 after selling our 5 room HDB flat. We have since paid our mortgage loan for the condo. Our cash and CPF savings is now only $300k. We hope we can remain employed until 70, now we are 50 & 51 respectively. We don't own a car as the MRT station is near our condo. We save $2k pm by not owning a car.