Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - First Job: Is it Normal to Struggle?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't play politics.
I remain kind to everyone.
In the working world, you need to learn how to make compromises even when things don't turn your way.
find ways to prove your worth to your company, not arguing over petty small project issues.
I feel completely at ease at work, I walk around like I own the bloody place.
I work hard when I want to.
I relax when I want to (not the fake take newspaper and pretend to read type), I completely stare in the blank and relax
I argue based on intelligence and work. not based on politics
I shout at you if you are unfair.
Always remember to have a kind heart, when you are kind, you automatically forget all the negativities from nasty people, and you still walk coolly and steadily in the office (no avoidance)
All these leads to confidence in the office.
Your directors will notice you are very comfortable and confident every day and they will chat you up.
this.

tho the pre-req is u must be good at ur job, then u do all of the above. if u're competent in ur work and always doing the right thing (work-wise and morally), then u're on the right track. it doesnt matter if someone or even ur boss tries to screw you, the good ones will side you. worse case, just quit as it's the company's loss and it shows that u deserve to be in a better place.

to TS:
i'm a fresh grad too, working for ard 6 months. cant really help u on ur work competency, but these are some advices which may be helpful.

- have an honest conversation with ur boss, ask him what are his/her expectations of you and discuss how u can meet his expectations. dont be afraid to share which areas u may/will fall short in and the unmentioned areas u think u'll like to take up responsibilities in
- read up as much as possible on ur work, product and company. scan through all the folders available to you and read any documents u find important/interesting, these knowledge will def help in the future
- find out exactly what each of ur colleague does, at least the ones who somehow appear in ur emails
- dont confine urself to only one clique in the office, mingle ard with everyone. esp at pantry/canteen and during company functions. these connections are important and u'll always learn sth during the conversations
- dont try too hard, if u are, u're not doing things right. dunno, just ask. and be urself