Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much salary cut are you willing to take to work here?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 02:10 AM
Unregistered

It did happen to me. I won't name the company but it's a reputable consulting firm. They advertised for Managerial roles and I was called up for an interview, during which they probed "what is the bare minimum" salary expectations. I avoided answering the question as I felt it wasn't the right time to discuss remuneration since there is no offer yet. I was eventually forced to give a figure and I replied "market rate for similar roles" at other competitor's firm, "which I am sure you already know the salary range". Then to my surprise, the hiring manager said "how much lower would you be comfortable with then?" To which I said I will consider all offers carefully if I am offered the job. I later found out that they were in fact filing for senior executive roles as it seems they had difficulties finding people.

Whatever it is NEVER inflate your last drawn. HR DO check and they can find out very easily if you had lied.