Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

Digressing,

Yesterday I went to the Jurong East area (JEMS) to look at gold jewellery. Observe that the jewellers hold the price at $61/g (same as last week) despite the price of gold spot dropping considerably in this last week. Conclusion - better off Not buying gold jewellery as an investment. Although it would be nice to wear your investment !

Also observe that service levels at JEMS is much worse than in Orchard - sales staff cannot speak good English, cannot understand what I am asking, don't bother to be polite or to smile. Unlike in Orchard where the same jewellery brands are present, but the staff make the effort. Or maybe because i was a relatively young looking, lone shopper dressed casually, they did not take me seriously thinking I do not have the $$$.

In Jurong East, the malls are beautiful and new, the same decent brands are present in Orchard e.g. Marks & Spencer, those jewellery brands (Poh Heng, SK, Goldheart), Paris Baguette. But I would rather shop at Orchard than Jurong, as the service is so much better. The crowd is also, hmmmmm, how to put it, different.

Lesson learnt: Image matters. Where u shop matters. So, where u buy a property also matters. Because the lifestyle of a tenant matters, which in turn matters to you as a landlord trying to rent out your property.