Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Urgent : Going for a couple of interviews tomorrow. Need advice
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
Tks, actually the reason for wanting to jump ship is so I can learn something new. Currently, the present job is getting very very static and predicatable, and I can spend days and weeks watching videos during working hours simply because I'm too free.

And because I've more bargaining power due to having a job currently, I can afford to be more picky (have turned down a couple of job offers due to either distance or just didn't like the look/feel of the company ambience).

It's this risk of jumping into the unknown that subconsciously down inside, I'll actually be relieved and happy if I didn't get this job LOL

While most people in SG seems to be highly focused on work and nothing else, I've come to realized that earning less and enough just to live decently and be happy about it is more important than earning much more and living a unhappy, uptight and heavy life everyday.
(in fact, I've become a happier person ever since I cut down on my working hours and took up leisure activities)
Fair enough, I respect your decision and lifestyle choices and must say I agree to an extent most in SG seem to be way too obsessed in work and climbing the corporate ladder.

But your answers further confirm my assumptions earlier: You really have no particular reason to jump ship other than the fact you feel quite bored. You are not really interested in the job or the company or even the money, you are simply hoping that something will be different and less bored.

There are not many companies and bosses in SG which take this sort of attitude of hobby >>> work. To get a decent job in SG where the boss/company allow you to go home on time regularly is already rare, to get one that allows you to go back early for your hobby is super rare.

This is a classic case of "backside itchy" which you will likely regret later. Count your blessings now and don't push your luck, many in SG would love to swap places with you.