Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The only way to be rich is to be smart in your investments and never fall in love with your investments. Buy when it is cheap, sell when it is expensive.

I upgraded from a condo to a terrace house in 2006 when the property market was at its lowest point in recent history. I sold it at its peak last year in 2013, made big profit and moved to a new condo. I invested my cash balance and now earning dividends of $80k pa. I am debt free too. Because we are debt free (no more mortgage payments, car loan payments, renovation loan payments, etc), our household expenses is only $90k pa. My wife is still working and earns $120k pa. She is happy with her career.

I am not happy with my work even though I earn $140k pa in salary. I got an offer to work overseas but declined as I don't want my wife the burden of managing our household alone.
I am thinking of retiring from my current job and focus on my investments. With more active investing, I'm confident of making $120k pa. Since we share our household expenses equally, I only need to bear $45k of expenses and I can save and reinvest the surplus.

I think I will send my letter after I get my bonus.
Me and my wife salary are almost identical to yours. But different paths.

Both of us were so distracted by our autistic son (diagnosed in 2006) that we missed the property cycle. Till today, we are struggling with his tantrums, refusal to sleep etc...

Well, best wishes to you and I can tell you that indeed good health (physically and mentally) is the GREATEST blessing..