Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 23-09-2014, 09:52 PM
ZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have been following your posts and wanted to just say that while you have some good reminders about working as long as you can, please note that there are people, like myself, who have other objectives in life and do not intend to work until I drop dead.

I am already 50 years old. I have a paid up landed property worth $3m and my other assets are worth $1m. My plan when I reach 60, is to sell my landed property and downgrade to a cheaper 3 room condo. With my current pay and savings and assuming it remains the same, my investable asset (apart from the condo which I plan to retire in), will be about $4m. I'm sure I can invest in low risk instruments that generate 3% pa or $120k pa or $10k pm. On top of that I will also get CPF Life payouts every month when I reach 65.
Quite close to mine. I am 38 and my wife is 36. $2.6M freehold terrace, $900K in cash, unit trusts and stocks. Debt free.

Annual income $300K, plan to work for another 10 years to build up savings and investments then retire or semi-retire at 48.