Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

There is no need for these insults. You can never attain happiness if you always harbor feelings of envy and jealousy.

Also everyone does charitable work in their own ways. If you feel a need to tell the world you are doing charity you are not doing it right. Your "credit" should come from the people you helped, and not from your boasting and trumpeting.

I supposed you also subscribed to the mantra that when you give a man fish, he will have fish for a day, but when you teach him to fish, he can have fish everyday. My view has always been that giving them jobs is the best solution to eradicate poverty. Charity does not give the poor a sense of dignity and sense of usefulness to this world. On the other hand, a job does.

Granted that there will be people who want to devote more time to do charitable work, but before you quit your day job to do that, be responsible to ensure that you yourself do not become a charitable case in future. Worst is when you discover you don't have enough when you are no longer employable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Typical selfish, arrogant mindset. Hopeless. There is more to life than this.

When I retire, I will want to join a charity as a volunteer to feed the poor, destitute and take care of homeless children in developing countries.

I will work hard in my career now and retire at 50 to devote my life to the global poor community. Not to go around bragging how much wealth you have.