Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Typical selfish, arrogant mindset. Hopeless. There is more to life than this.

When I retire, I will want to join a charity as a volunteer to feed the poor, destitute and take care of homeless children in developing countries.

I will work hard in my career now and retire at 50 to devote my life to the global poor community. Not to go around bragging how much wealth you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually one should work as long as you can, because besides the salary, there are other equally important benefits:

1. Subsidized / free medical provided by employer
2. Free annual medical check ups for those above 40, 45 depending on company
3. Incentive overseas holidays
4. Transport and meal allowances
5. Sense of purpose, or at least your task/assignment for the day is set. If you are not working, you will be hard pressed to find something meaningful to occupy your time.
6. You have weekends & public holidays to look forward to. If you are not working, every day is the same boring day.
7. Socializing with colleagues
8. Annual leaves. Somehow the feeling of going on leave for holidays is special. You feel you earned it.
9. Free or sponsored training for both professional and self developmental courses. If you are not working, you have to pay for everything yourself.
10. Depending on your job, your job title and name card can give you social status. I know many people derive pride from their job titles.