Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 03:37 AM

tnkngn is on a distinguished road
Default salary for a managing director sales

Hello all,

new to the forum, seems like a great source of information!

Reason for joining the forum and posting in this thread is that I have a job offer on the table that would require me to relocate to Singapore.

I need a rough idea of compensation per annum for my potential new job (I believe this is the correct thread to ask this question, if not, pls let me know what other thread I should post this under, thx!).

Background information:

- 33 years old, German national, single, no kids
- been working for this stock exchange listed German engineering company for 8 years, 6 years in North America as a product manager, 2 years based in Germany as export sales manager responsible for Asian (SEA & China & Japan & Korea) market
- already familiar with local Singapore based staff and general company situation due to current job

Potential new job is MD for sales, heading the company together with MD Finance.
Singapore office is centralized office for SEA market, existing satellite offices in KL, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh, Taipeh, Jakarta with staff between 5-10 ppl each, total shared responsibility of about 40 staff.
Mostly responsible for managing sales staff in above mentioned offices, very frequent travel (minimum 2 out of 4 weeks in a month on the road) within SEA required.

What would be an adequate salary to ask for considering above mentioned points?
If you need more information than provided above to give a suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks for any feedback!