Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Mech Eng Fresh Grad Career path -> Technical/Management/others?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Verified Member

ss1 is on a distinguished road

I believe there is always opportunity out there in different fields, the question is which field provide a better opportunity

In that case, I shall say leadership skill is the critical one that judge your capability?

woo, normally hows the increment in the counter offer?

o&g still seems to be the great one, maybe I should really try first.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I do not think that only O&G and Aviation engineering managers are able to achieve 100kpa. There are many other engineering fields that are able to achieve that milestone.

I believe many senior engineers has certain level of experience in managing junior engineers and technicians. It is important for you to convince your interviewer that you have the capability to take the managerial role based on the limited experience as an senior engineer.

Anyway, I got promoted each time when I tendered my resignation letter. Both my ex-companies countered offer with a promotion and increment.

I have a friend who is a senior engineer in O&G earning close to 80kpa with 5 years of working experience. I believe he will hit 100kpa target within 1-3 years time with or without managerial position.