Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey man, thanks for the response! Where do you get the idea that it wont work? Could it be your personal experience or word of mouth? Help me out alil bit, or could I switch to that career path on my second or third job?
I will have to agree with him/her. This might sound harsh, but as a fresh graduate from SIM-UOL you have next to no chance with McKinsey, Bain or BCG. Not even Frost & Sullivan or firms that don't specialize in consulting (but have consulting arms) such as Deloitte. To tell the truth, even brilliant local FCH folks will stand a better as much as a slim chance (shed that mental image these might just be 'nerds').

If one does not have a resume that shows a consistent record of brilliance, next to no chance.

How do I know? Well, I studied in the US and came to know a few in such firms, and these folks are the best of the best. Think of Harvard, Yale and MIT. And local FCH scholars with case championships under their belt and etc.

You are better off building a resume than to attempt to enter as a fresh graduate. You have serious competition.