Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2014, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is simply ridiculous to talk about "condo living" as though it is the most definitive symbol of having made it, whatever bs hogwash lol that that person posted, please reread what he said (I quoted it) and tell me if it isn't a ridiculous joke. For one, the post was itself ridiculous as it does not correlate to reality. Secondly, it was written that reveals not all Singaporeans aspire to living in a condo, it's the ones he knows. There is no magical line that neatly divides groups of people in a definitive way. There are resale HDB flats that are priced higher than condos and there are condos that are priced higher than landed properties. Is this person in kindergarten? The way he talks it is as if he is posting from 1989 and if you want me to be utterly frank, I can tell that he is a someone drawing a low income because only a poor person with a low net-worth (paid up assets) and annual income would have that bumpkin mentality. I know because I have a high income and I know how high-income think.

The only reason people like him (who characterize at least 99 per cent of Singaporeans from my own experience) are so brainwashed and ignorant is because they have never lived anywhere else in the world and their entire perspective of life is based on a microstate, which is not even a natural occurrence worldwide. There are only a few microstates in the whole world. Most human beings in the world do not live in a microstate. So you guys are in the super minority of probably 0.0005% of the whole world to be that unlucky to be born here. In the US, the first home of newly married couples is a 2,000 sq feet single family home. The only reason you slog your ass off and pay 10 times of what Americans and Canadians (they own their property and land forever), just to rent your place from the government for 99 years and not be able to give it to your descendant, is because your "whole country" is not even the size of one city of big countries! You may know it in theory but unless you've lived it and therefore experienced it yourself, you will not understand it and that's why you think people who live in big houses abroad are living a "vacation" life that's not real, when really, that is the everyday life of people in US and Canada. Just look at how he aspires to a "condo", and talks as if it's the holy grail for his existence and validation of his worth, which really is only lived by poor people in high-rise housing projects in developed countries.

One of the other reasons besides the poor appreciation of property assets against bank interest that I did not get a place that I couldn't pay in full, is because I refuse to sink any roots here further, and have plans to leave once I make more money out of this place and milk it for what I can (I have citizenship in a huge superpower country). You are living an unreal situation in an unreal world because you happen to be born in microstate. Nothing more to it..
I agree, just milk all you can and leave this god forsaken microstate! Go and stay in your superpower country. Hope you enjoy the big houses, probably somewhere with the nearest neighbors miles away so you can have all the peace and quiet. Good luck!