Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much for minimum household income before your wife becomes a housewife?
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampie View Post
I have been wearing the title of "housewife" due to being out of work for a very long time. Part of this period was spent overseas so it wasn't so bad, I had the
excuse to take a break and not work because my visa didn't allow me to work in that country, but I have been back for over 18 months now and am still unable to find work.

My husband earns well but I still do not feel secure being a permanent homemaker. Reading the household income thread it seems none of the forumers have spouses who are homemakers.

How much would you need to earn before you and your spouse feels is enough for him/her to be a stay-home homemaker and parent? Or do you feel no matter how much you make, your household income can always be more in a place like Singapore?

Hypothetically, let's say you make $300k a year. Even if your spouse makes $60k a year, that is a boost of 20%. Would anybody turn down a "raise" of 20% of their salary from their boss?
How old are u? Do u have kids? How many and how old they are?

It really depends on ur expenses and liabilities and whether ur husband's salary is comfortable enough to provide for the whole family and there's still savings at the end of the day.