Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2014, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone,

- Husband and I are both in our early 60s.
- We both semi-retired in our mid 50s. We now do freelance work and take in about $10k per month, combined.
- My spouse's pension provides us with about $2k + per month.
- We own 4 private properties (including 1 landed house), all of which are rented out save for the condo we live in. All in all worth approx $10-11 million altogether. Outstanding loan is about $1 million. Rental income is about $15k per month.
- We also have about $2 million worth of property overseas, but we are thinking of selling this in the near future to pay off our debt, and also to have more savings for rainy days.
- 2 children, both in their 20s and working.
- Both recently bought new condos for which we are helping with the initial payment. Definitely intend for them to pay us back when they have to ability to.
- 1 modest japanese car, 8 years old. Not planning to get a new car anytime soon until the 10 year COE is up.
- Planning to FULLY retire in the next couple of years and simply enjoy the rest of my days.

I guess I am doing okay in today's society, where day to day life is getting more expensive. "Problem" now is that I want to help my children get a head-start in terms of an investment property, therefore my spouse and I cannot afford to retire yet, I think. I do see my children work very hard and also trying their best to save, and as a mum, I feel blessed that I can help them out financially at this point.
Congrats! I think you guys can retire, and retire VERY well.

Your children are already very lucky to have your help in the initial payment, there shouldn't be anymore need to help them get an investment property too!

Live a little, we only have one life, now's the time to do what you truly want!