Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career choice & salary dilemma
View Single Post
Old 14-08-2014, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
your situation is very jialat. Even if you like marketing, I really think you shd reconsider accepting because the job offer is much lower than diploma's starting pay. Fews to consider

1) How about the benefits they provide? sometimes the benefits are impt too , such as allowance, no of vacation leave or claims.

2) What company is this? Got brand or not? Is there potential for this company to grow strong? Do research on this company. I suspect if offering only 1.5k for even dip fresh grad, this company seem small.

3) Are you able to survive if you reject this offer? How about considering other job field? You can always request for internal transfer if you do well in the position. Do not juz focus on marketing.

The reality for accepting the job offer is you will start to complain about your low salary as soon as you start working. You will not stay long and this gonna affect future employers' impression. And surely $1.5k will affect you future career as you can't put much higher expected salary in your job.

Do think properly. If possible, negotiate your salary with them. or at least benefits.
Well the guy is out of job for 2 years already, even if the company is small and pay not good what else can he do, wait around at home for another 2 years?

Also nobody will entertain negotiation on benefits, these are just fixed across the company. Company cannot suddenly grant someone a few days extra leave or more MC reimbursement, it doesn't work like that.

I think dragging the unemployment will just make the situation even worse. How will he ever get a job in the future after being unemployed for 3 years since leaving school?