Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career choice & salary dilemma
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearoftheunknown View Post
I actually been to a quite a no. of interviews, just that I am either not short-listed to the next round, or not selected at all. I am not exactly a fresh grad either, considering that I graduated in 2012, thus cannot omit the job in the resume and tell future employers I went for holiday. I am simply not sure how long I can go on like this, waiting and waiting. Do you think it's best that I accept the job offer despite the less than favourable pay?
from my working experience there is a distinction in GLCs and CS between diploma and degree holder positions. of course these positions are very different, eg a Marketing Exec/AM/Manager (degree) could have bigger responsibilities and staff reporting to him/her while a Marketing Asst/Officer/Exec (dip) will have a reduced job scope and not so much responsibilities. MNCs and SMEs are more willing to accept work experience in lieu of paper qualifications.

are you a local or foreign uni grad? if you have been searching for a job since 2012 then i'll say grab it. if not then hang in there and look for a better paying one.

all the best.