Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 08:42 PM

PinkyToes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am thinking.. so many people here jobless yet newspaper reports say that job industries are desperate for people. supply is more than demand. if many resume have been sent out but no response, is it because the format of your resume is wrong? or perhaps you are trying to apply for a business role but resume link towards engineering.
With reference to your questions, there are mainly 3 reasons why there are no response when people send resume:

1. You applied for a job where you did not meet requirements or qualified for
2. Your salary expectations is too high (above the hiring budget set by co)
3. Your resume is poorly done

And in regards to the above, I fits all the criteria above. 1) I even applied for diploma level position which I am overqualified 2) My salary expectation is not high (low 2k's) 3) My resume is vetted by several professionals, including a Hr manager and a friend's friend who is a lawyer.

Therefore, i strictly believe that while there may be jobs for experienced personnel, there are NOT ENOUGH jobs for entry level (aka fresh graduates).

To make it in point, you can also see how flawed the jobs bank are - People are able to view the jobs without log-in with singpass. There are also no governance in relation to the application process - Employers could wait for the advertisement period to be up, and then declared that there are no singaporeans willing to take up the position, as printed in the papers. (You can see it in the jobs banks thread where many people said the status is always 'new' or 'process' or 'shortlist' but there are no calls)

Sometimes, you just have to think whether what you have seen with your own eyes are the truth, or what the 'facts and figures' are in the papers which lead you to believe are real.