Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Need career advice! HELP!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

I think like what some other posters have said, you dont have much calibre to actually be entrusted with high-level mentally stimulating work. How would I, an an employer, be able to trust a below average graduate that has been job-hopping with minimal experience? I cant, no boss in his right mind would ever give you such work. Those who end up directing policy and actually doing things that matter have 20 plus experience under their belts. Not to mention that most of them were all straight A scholars. You have neither the grades nor the experience.

Counselling will definitely not work. You'd need to study masters in counselling in NIE to get a job with MOE. Meaning you will be competing with the throngs of psychology/social work grads from NUS/NTU each year. And trust me, some of them who grad with even a second upper could get in. Its pretty competitive because there are lots of people like you who want to do counselling but there is just not much demand. And seeing how your grades are not good, you wont get in. Another method is to get your masters overseas. But its not a confirmed thing that you will get a job when you come back, because once again, the demand for counsellors here is actually pretty low.

What you can do, however, and this is pretty drastic, is to take up another degree. Maybe from unisim if you want to do part-time. Or just head to NUS/NTU again and do full-time. Get a degree in something you actually want to do and restart.

Or else, you just have to suck thumb and work hard and climb the ladder. Once you get a higher position, which of course takes a few years, you will be tasked with more responsibilities and more ways to change policies.