Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

Default 12/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can most likely find out what is the grade you will be appointed to and it would come with a fixed salary bracket, from minimum to maximum. Then you can already make a good guess what is the offer.

I'm just curious as to why many of these bodies advertise for policy planning positions, for fresh grads without work experience... I would think that for such roles, i.e. setting up policies, a lot of related industry experience would be needed in order to make wise, well-informed decisions.. and such valuable experience should be able to command higher salaries. Maybe only the top guy decide on the policy! The rest just do the needful!
OK thanks! Any idea where I can find the updated salary bracket? The latest I found in this thread dated back to 2011.

And yup, since its an executive role, I am expecting the job scope to be more administrative, research and analysis based. rather than really driving the policies. Hopefully I can have a bigger say in policy formulations in the near future when I have more exposure and experience to these issues though!