Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 01:13 AM

floralpeace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Let me offer some simple tips for interview. You applied for 100 jobs and likely the hit rate is 10% or even less, so be prepared to nail the interview! otherwise why bother to apply. I have conducted too many ill prepared interview sessions that were just wasting time

1) research the company, find out from internet, ask around, etc when I asked the question how much you know about this company, I normally got blank stares and worse, some answered "I know you are a big multinational company"...sure cmi. Research what are the company mission, products, market, customers, competitors, etc, show you have done your homework
2) Try to value add your reply with explaining how your skills/strength can help the organization. Your answers should mainly evolve around how you can contribute to the company, not what the company can do for you
3) firm handshake, dress and act professionally - for guys better wear a tie
4) greet all interviewers, clearly by name and thanks them at the end, by their name again
5) prepare your answers for 50 common interview question. come prepared as if it is your uni exam!
6) eye contact, don't stare but don't look down or away
7) good to take note and have a copy of the job description in front of you, but ask permission first
8) wait for the interviewer to complete the question before answering. speak slowly and confidently. Never cut in as the interviewers may want to ask several questions and also it is rude
9) ask smart questions (3-5) at the end of the interview. Usually this will make or break as this is the last chance to impress. Eg what are the company challenges for the next 3-5 years, what is the direction or trend the industry is heading, culture/values about the organization, what are the important skills to succeed in the position
10) I am most impressed by candidates who can give a good summary of his skills, career objectives and why he should be hired at the end of the interview
Thanks dear.
My fault lies in explaining quitting without a job and career objective.
I dun relly hv career objective cz just spam anythg im eligible for. The ones im really interested nv call me.
How to summarize at the end? Mean sense the interview is ending n quickly give a summary before thanking?