Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 30-07-2014, 10:09 AM

lazyplane is on a distinguished road

Please name me 3 equity that will give me 5% dividend without capital loss an and i will monitor this using spot SGD dollar for the next 2 years to see if this is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
With your amount of combined income, and assuming you have no other loan except your mortgage, you are under leveraged. Your MSR is less than 30%.

Some people choose not to be corporate slaves by doing their own business or adjusting their lifestyle. In your case, you have $1.5m equity in your home. If you sell your condo and pay off your mortgage, you have $1.5m cash. You then can buy a $400k HDB flat paid in full and still have $1.1m cash which can generate a return of 5% or $55k pa dividend. You can then grow this dividend until it exceeds your family expenses, then you will be financially independent and no longer need to be corporate slaves.

Someone here managed to earn a passive income of $100k and their expenses are only $60k pa and they are now no longer in the rat race at 55. Plan your way out of this rat race. You don't want to drop dead at your desk at 65 in your rat cubicle.