Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Dilemma in choosing my offer, Help!
View Single Post
Old 29-07-2014, 11:28 AM

ilhappy is on a distinguished road
Default Dilemma in choosing my offer, Help!

Hi guys,

I am currently a fresh Local Economics graduate with 2nd upper Honors, without any banking experience and I am in a dilemma on choosing my options, please advice!

Option 1:
4 months contract offer from Tier 1 banks aka, UBS/Credit Suisse/Barclays (One of them) for a Futures/Options settlement Ops position. (most likely have to find a new job after 4 months, but Im able to have some network inside)

Option 2:
Perm Position from Tier 2 Banks aka, SCB/Citi/HSBC for a FX Prime Brokerage Position. Required to work PH, maybe Saturday, maybe start work at 6.30am. (Perm Position good, but working hours much worst, Based salary might be $100-300 more)

Current situation I am having now:
1: I do not have the full picture as I am unable to compare both options as I am going to the 3rd round interview and last round for the Perm position. (I need to wait 2 weeks later to know if I can get the offer).

2: I got the offer for the 4 months contract but I have to sign the contract latest next week.

Dilemma 1: Wait for perm position offer, forgo 4 months contract opportunity and also might not get offered for the perm position.

Dilemma 2: Accept 4 months contact, but after 4 months, have to start to find again, and forgo the perm position (if offered), if not offered then this is the right choice.

Please give ur opinions!