Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 22-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by in3deep View Post
Congrats!

i think no harm calling HR and double checking tt your offer will not be withdrawn

tell them your current difficulty and say u really wish to work for them but would need to clarify to make sure that the offer would stand

btw... u needed to call HR before they told u that u got job? if not they also wont take initiative to call u?

Hiring Managers should normally already made up their mind on you after the final interview. For them to take more than 2 days to decide is abit long? If it is a no, HR will process the rejection notice by mail or email and this may take some time. If it is a Yes, HR will proceed with the background checks, proposals, approvals etc etc. So normally you would know after one week whether it is a Yes or a No. If it is a No, at least you can focus your time on other leads. If they can't tell you, maybe they are just waiting out for a better candidate... in this case, I would prefer to move on since the commitment is not there ...

If it is a yes, some HR will only call you on the offer after they have got everything done and approved and in Ministry/Stat board case, can take 2 - 4 weeks I guess....

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app