Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Aerospace Engineering vs Computer Engineering vs EE engineering
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
Thanks, Ntrix for your time and efforts. Can an aerospace engineering graduate be an aircraft engineer? Is there any job market for aerospace engineering in singapore? What's the difference between the things that a aeronautical engineering learn to a aerospace engineering? Hope you are there to answer my question (I got many to ask)
I'm not in the aero industry, but as an observer, I think there isn't much real engineering work - the development and even R&D kind - going on in Singapore currently or in the foreseeable future, unless we are talking about MINDEF/Defence. So my point is that jobs for graduates in aero-related disciplines are limited in Singapore.

However, what I know is that there are a few big companies doing aircraft maintenance. If that's the kind of work you're happy with, then it's alright. But even so, I suspect you will face competition from your cheaper counterparts across the causeway and even from China and India.