Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 07:11 AM
Unregistered

Are you happy with your life? Are you healthy? If yes to both questions, you are better off than many people already because good health and happiness are priceless!

Of course having said that, life is a lot more complicated than that. It is human nature to compare ourselves with others. When we see others earning more we get jealous, which affect our happiness.

You know, long ago before we were resettled to HDB flats, we were staying in a kampong in the northern part of Singapore. In that kampong everyone was equally poor, but we were contented and happy. But when we were moved to live in HDB flats, we started to "open" our eyes and saw what our neighbours have. They renovated their homes nicely, with big TVs, they have cars and they boasted about their overseas holidays. We lost our contentment and happiness and we haven't found them to this day even though we have 2 condos currently, 2 cars and annual overseas holidays.

Somehow that magic of living simply in contentment is gone. But admittedly once in while whenever I looked at our net worth, I do get a lot of comfort from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Many posters here are very high income earners. Those low income earners may be ashamed to share. I'm a low income earner by the standards set in this forum. I earn only 60k pa and I am already 47 years old. Are there any brave low income souls out there willing to share your story?