Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are doing the right things by having a prudent lifestyle with sound saving plan.

I have similar path, i.e. hitting 1.5M NW in my mid-40s, 5 years ago with 200k pa income. Was lucky in my stock investment and also property appreciation, NW has grown to 2.5M now. Plan to retire @55-58 with 3.5M. You have to calculate what you will need to retire depending on the lifestyle and commitments. For me, 2M investible asset will be sufficient, some people will need more but I think this number is achievable for my case. Retirement plan is to continue to stay in current condo, earn passive income and travel the world. I will try not to downgrade as it may not free up too much cash and also there is a cetain lifestyle I want to continue after working for so many years. But your situation may be different.
Thanks for sharing. While we wish we could stay in our condo in retirement, we think this may not be possible. If we can't, we will just move to a resale 3 room HDB flat located near an MRT station.