Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Talking

Its too generic to class just lower, middle & upper class. It has to broken down further in each category, for example a man with 10 million is a multi millionaire but so is a man with 500 million. Anyway I would class anyone in a GCB as top tier upper class (Or Super Rich)

The best way to look into this is how banks divide their clients after all they are in the business of psychology and finance., for example UOB. Lower and Middle class usually have normal savings accounts, higher middle to lower upper = privileged banking (350K minimum), mid upper to top upper = Private Reserve (2 M minimum). Of course I am sure there is another category for individuals with 10M and above (disposable cash), now this is one group the banks do not mess with.

So why create a privileged banking? Simply cause there is a sector of middle class made well with ego's to be stoked and milked for cash that would be harder with your lower/middle sector.

Anyway going back to my point right, the person posting this 6M networth and 750K per annum salary is clearly mid to top upper category. By saying he is middle class, well that just plain a slap in the face for true middle class.

All in all I just like to poke fun at this egoistic millionaires. Mr Millionaire swim all day at the condo my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Excuse me, pls enlighten my humble mind, am really confused now..So only those live in GCB are upper class, and the rest are middle, lower class?