Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How have you done compared with the rest of your class ?
View Single Post
Old 29-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

I think in any cohort, there will be a bell curve distribution in terms of income. For Uni graduates, the bulk of them will end up upper middle income earners by the time they hit mid 40s to mid 50s. By that, I mean their income will range from $150k to $250k pa. There will be a few high flyers - both in corporate world and CS. Corporate big wigs like Singtel CEO reportedly earned $4.7m for last FY. Those high flyers in CS and military service aren't earning small change either. At 41, they are already 2 star generals earning more than $500k pa?

For my case, our re-union started off enthusiastically in the initial years. The interest tapered off eventually and only the more successful ones attend nowadays. I mean who would want to be reminded that they were not doing well in life at such gatherings, some more at such advanced age.

Although I think I didn't do too badly (at $250k pa), I also don't attend the reunion regularly as I find my closer friends not attending anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
I recently got re-connected online and on Whatsapp with my JC classmates. A lot of them seem to be still in MNCs and GLCs. One or two went into business. A couple of the girls are home makers. I would guess most of them are in the $150k-$250k, looking at their titles. I think only 1 did not make it to university, but still doing well in his company.