Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good for you.

HDB nowadays are built very well especially the DBSS ones. They are almost as good as condos minus the facilities and exclusiveness.

One shouldnt have to depend on material things to shore up your status and self esteem. Many shrewd and successful people are happily living in their HDB flats.

I moved into a condo because of the facilities that the condo offered not because of the status. Instead of wasting precious time driving to public facilities (swimming pool, tennis courts and gym) when I was staying in HDB, I now have the convenience of just walking to the facilities in the condo. Also I dont have the constraint of time. I used to face a lot of inertia going to the gym after a hard days work. The thought of having to pack my gear, drive to the public gym and swimming pool was enough to deter me. Now, I just walk down to them.

And the best part is the exclusiveness. At times, especially in the evenings, the condo pool is almost empty and you have the whole pool to yourself. After a rigorous swim, I would chill out by the pool side and enjoy quiet time by myself. In the public pool, after my swim, I used to quickly shower and head back home.
My HDB is a stone throw away from a Safra country club...it has more than those condo miniature facilities.