Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Constituency Manager (People Association)
View Single Post
Old 22-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

join PA? i left within 6 mths. cannot stand those grassroot leaders. yaya papaya.

each of them holding their 'secretary', 'chairman', blah blah posts in the RC/NC/CMCC, whatever C, but push the job to the CM, with the excuse saying we were full time staff and they were not paid. Since like that, these grassroot leaders should left the RC lah. Stay there want the benefits like free parking and prestige, but don't want the hard work ah.

Phui!

But of course, I'm a guy and most of the grassroot leaders I met are old uncles who prefer lady CM. It didn't help when my predecessor to the RCs was a very chio lady. Keep comparing me with them and how chio she was.

Someone said passion to serve? you mean, carry out the vision of PA to serve the residents and community? Care to share the details of how to go about doing so?

In truth, groundwork has little to do with carrying out the vision of PA. If you really want to serve the residents, better to join the old folks' home and be volunteer, etc. PA involves more in coordinating, statistics, etc.

Work in PA really depends alot whether your grassroot leaders, MP, boss like you or not. Performance matters afterwards. Of course, it applies everywhere, but there are some places where performance is directly linked to recognition such as sales, accounting (numbers don't need to like you), shipping, etc.

I have a friend make it very very fast and high, and within 5 years, from CM move to CD. Pay from 3k plus now 7k plus. To me, it's fast.

good luck.