Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
R u the person I'm asking? Yes I know credit risk is just middle office and I have been looking at middle office roles particularly risk coz I'm interested. But the problem is I can't even get an interview :/ that's y I'm asking to see what is wrong. Shldnt be the resume as I have gotten someone to vetted it for me. Shldnt be my results as I have an expected fch (among sim students). So I'm curious is it becoz they do not hire sim students for these kind of roles but since u have gotten in, so I'm thinking u have some experience or outstanding internship? Or maybe I didn't look hard enough to find those companies which are hiring. :/

Yea ur right. I'm well aware of it too. I did a research about the company before accepting the offer. I guess anyone will do that in advance?? I don't mind overtime. That's not an issue for me. It's job scope but so far, this is the best offer I have gotten. :/
If I can afford to be jobless, I will definitely wait and continue looking, but well...
You need to know people in whichever company you are applying for. Most of these companies are using recruiting companies. Most of your direct applications, if not all, will not be responded to, even if these jobs are posted on job sites. My advice is sign citco and keep on looking, then you can massage your way to a better package when the chance comes.