Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2014, 05:12 PM
Millionaire Member

Hermit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is absurd advice. He is a good husband and father. He is kind and gentle to me, does not smoke, drink nor womanize. He treats our kids well and they adore him. We are a happy family, the only issue I have is that he is not earning much. However, with my income, we are coping well. Our expenses are $100k pa, so we save $80k pa. I just wished we can save more and I can go to more luxury holidays and buy more branded goods. Some of my friends say it is ok as long as we are happy. They say there are husbands who earn a lot and rich but they abuse their wife, womanize, and make the wife feel lousy. I'm feel blessed actually to marry him. How can I convince him to drive a taxi? Should I force him? Am I being selfish?
I am sorry to hear about your husband's situation. But I think you should not push him too much regarding driving a taxi. Let him keep his dignity. Explore other ways to increase his income. Couple that with some control over family spending. Your friends are right. Family togetherness and harmony is the most important. You are indeed fortunate that he is a loving husband and father. But in this season of his life, he is also struggling inside regarding his identity and ability as the leader of the household. So give him time to sort that out and encourage him instead of pushing him into a corner.