Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Market Research prospects in Singapore
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Verified Member

kelvinchua is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, market research has its unique challenges. Starting salaries are indeed 2-5k for 1st 5 yrs. once you get into research mngr or assoc director roles, ur success is driven by sourcing more accounts and more sales type. Moving to client side is that much different inclufing foreign mncs. It will continue to be a lot of work across multiple countries. The only reason you should go into it is if u feel u hv a passion for understanding people. You could also pursue this for few yes before going for a reputed mba and then go into cinsulting. MR director gets about 12k after 10+yrs experience. Ps: i m in this industry as a director.
Thank you very much for your input, glad to have an opinion from someone already in the industry.

Passion definitely is there for me, and I agree with going for a MBA in time to come (though unsure if I could get into a reputed one), as one of my ultimate aims is to join mgt consultancy firms.

Generally, how much time should you spend in an agency before considering to switch to client side? And it seems to be a difficult task given what you mentioned?