Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Angry Angrgy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I love our CPF and HDB system.

Last time buy flat at $150k. Now the value of flat is $600k, increase by 4 times over 20 years. I think no other investment in the world can give this type of return.

We are so lucky as Singaporeans !!!!!

If you are a Singaporean, find a wife fast and buy a BTO flat. Nowadays can buy BTO flat very cheap for $150k +, then after MOP (5 years) your flat value will go up a lot. You can easily sell for $250k +.

If you are a low income couple, you can buy a 2 room flat for $10k only. No country in the world is so generous and kind.
Mind you, not all Singaporeans are as lucky. There is a minority of us who are played out by HDB!!!! I am forever angry to be one of them.

We bought a design and build executive flat direct from HDB in 1996 at $425k (outskirt), no 1st timer grant, waited 3 years for it to be built. Meanwhile, bought a resale 3 roomed hdb flat for $160k, stayed for 3 years and forced to sell at a slight loss when we took possession of our new flat and shifted in 1999.

The resale price of comparable units at our development were as low as $330K through the years and are now around $530k. Valuation had been done by HDB approved valuer.

Why? Why? Why!!!!!! It has been more than a decade. I have no answer!!!! I brought up once, many years ago when my MP came knocking at my door, house visit. Apart from smiling at me, no answer, no reply, just look a little bit surprised at the high price we bought the house direct from HDB.

Why? Still so angry!!!!!