Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

I am 39 years old and hubby 42 years old. Income 150k pa for me and hubby 's varies as job unstable from 20k to 90k pa so far. We have a freehold terrace bought at 1.1 mil 4 years ago and now worth about 2 mil and a 1 bedder condo bought at 600k+ about to TOP and just got state consent for a semid in JB Tebrau bought at 380k last year. Outstanding mortgages is about 1.4 mil and have a car with 150k morthage. But networth is about 2.4 mil as assets more than liabilities though that includes the primary residence which is our terrace.

Our retirement plan is to either stay in our MM or semid in JB and rent the rest. Problem is 2 kids uni fees if they want to go overseas so hopefully they study local if not may need to sell off one property to finance or work longer.

Current expenses are high because of car and mortgage payments about 15k combined a month. Though can still cope due to low interest rates but savings per year not much due to hubby's job situation. That is why we bought JB as it can enable us to retire or semiretire and earlier too as we can pay off our terrace and have about 4k to 5 kwhich is rm 10k or more to survive in JB with a malaysia car in a few years time. Kids can study international school though a bit ex at about S$800 to 1k a month. If RTS is up by 2019 can then have option of semiretiring and kids option of studying in Sg schools with less jams.

If we want to retire in Sg also possible just that I would have to work much longer. Our properties are our best assets esp our landed.

But sometimes do worry about the future of our country and future property values as I think there is a big bubble here and property is overpriced so also thinking of selling our landed perhaps to semi retire in Malaysia earlier. Got many offers of 1.8mil as valuation has dropped. Still having viewings and may consider selling if we get a good offer.