Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Dives

I agree the post is some what reckless, those who made it can easily disregard those who have not made it when making sweeping statements.

We all have different obligations with different opportunities presented to us in life, some have jobs that pay exceedingly well and some don't. Some have parents requiring care for (more than just money) and some don't.

Sure we can all drop dead at 30 / 40, get run over, go aboard a doomed airliner but that does not mean we abandoned everything and go party.

I myself am exceedingly wealthy due to inheritance, yet I hold a day job and I definitely do not make such claims to my co-workers who are everyday Singaporeans. I encourage them to clear debt and invest for the future, we should all provide sensible advise accordingly to the what we know of a person situation.

We should all practice some empathy regardless of the anonymity the net provides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think the earlier poster is merely saying that we should not be so obsessed with financial planning, but to also give time for other things in our lives, whilst it lasts.

Don't think he is boasting.