Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

This is the most irresponsible piece of advice I ever come across. Although postings here are anonymous and are not to be taken seriously, I feel that they still have to be done with consideration of the sensitivities of others.

Telling people that they could die young and therefore to enjoy life now without consideration of the financial commitments and circumstances is very risky at best, and totally irresponsible and selfish at worst.

You may have achieved your financial freedom at a young age, but you cannot irresponsibly tell others to live your lifestyle without knowing the circumstances they are in.

For those who died young, I hoped that they have gotten their financial affairs in order and not leave their families in financial distress. If they had followed this poster's foolish, selfish and irresponsible advice, their families will be the ones to suffer for it.

So please, before you post, boast and gloat, think of the others who may not have the good fortune of making it rich early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Indeed, there is more to life than work. Enjoy life (but not indulging in sinful activities) by traveling, appreciating nature, helping the poor and needy. Have you ever thought that you could die any time? You read in the news how people in their 40s and even 30s died or got sick and not able to enjoy life even though they have worked so hard.

I used to be a high flyer in the corporate world, and after accumulating enough wealth, I decided to devote myself to appreciate life and helping others survive this life. I volunteer in charities, giving them advice and making the world a better place for many. I suggest you go and volunteer in these charities and see for yourself how lucky you are. I will be 48 next month, I must say life is more meaningful now than it has ever been. Appreciating what you have and sharing with those needy makes life such a beauty. Don't indulge yourself in worldly things, every time you want to waste your money on some unnecessary things, just think of the poor, and donate the money to them instead.