Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Having said that I must remind everyone to be sensitive to those who tried their level best and still are struggling to achieve their dreams. Some maybe because they missed their chances, took a wrong turn in their career choices, others may lack the capability, mental strength and endurance or fell sick etc. There is a myriad range of factors, many beyond one's control that affects whether you make it in life or not, notwithstanding the fact that our government have put in place good foundation, infrastructure and policies to ensure everybody has an equal chance of making good.

Looking back at my humble beginnings I count my blessings each day I wake up healthy and is able to go to work without worrying about crime, and the safety of my family members as they go about their affairs whether it is attending school, work or whatever it is.
Hi,
I applaud you for your sensitivity to the less blessed. It's true that not all who had worked hard and tried their best achieved their dreams.

For hubby and me, its a case of bad timing. while others made loads on their HDB properties, we were disadvantaged by HDB's pricing of their new premium flat in non prime location years ago. ie. we bought high (very high) but are stucked with the current low valuation for our flat. I believe a minority are in the same position as us. But being minority, our sentiments and voices have been drown by the majority singing praises of the asset enhancement policy of HDB, the majority who had made one or more times by selling their flats for six figure gains. While we see others monetising their flats, not once but a few times and laughing all the way to their banks, we cant do anything to ours because we would incur 'loss' if we sell our flat. Frustrated, but cant do anything.