Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Banking - Back Office
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Up this thread to create awareness for BO in bank.

Anyway kind soul willing to share their increment/promotion road-map for these recent years?
If you are young, and you want to try making it big, learn not to hate on sales. I would advise you guys to try the front office. Yes, selling loans, insurance policies, financial plans. Put your pride down and service the public. Too many fresh graduates are hating on Personal banking roles, including myself. The base salary for PBAs range from 2.7k-3.3k. I would say it is a decent start.

The young generation of graduates nowadays, avoid sales and try to get their foot into BO or MO. Yes, it may be comfortable in the MO, generally no overtime, collect the base salary, smooth working life. However, in the BO, most companies, will require you to perform overtime, you have the lowest cut of bonus, and your increment is pathetic. BO and MO are cost centres, not profit generators (FO). Start for fresh graduates in BO and MO are 2.5-3K depending on the company.

If you are hoping to own a decent car by 28 and comfortably pay off the monthly loan, BO and MO is not for you. When i say decent car, i mean a car thats averaging 80-90K in price.

Lets put it this way, if you are in FO, and you top sales or close to being top, you get comm+basic allowing you to earn more. And if you don't do well in sales, you are still drawing a basic salary at market rate.