Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on choosing between A*star and Lonza
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2014, 07:03 AM

ayujob is on a distinguished road
Default Need advice on choosing between A*star and Lonza

Hello brothers and sisters, I really need your advice on this.

I am currently working less than 6 months in NCC(National Cancer Centre) and I recently applied for two new jobs. A*star IMB has offered me back with 3.1k basic for 3 years contract but expects me to work one of the weekend every week. I applied as a manufacturing biotechnologist in Lonza and I heard great benefits and additional bonus to the monthly pay because of shift work. Their shift work is work 2 days, off 2 days, so at most around 40 hours per week as compared to A*star. They are paying my friend something like 2.6k basic + 500 bucks transport allowance and additional money like 400 bucks for day shifts and additional 700 bucks for night shifts. So their potential money is more than A*star. I have sent my resume to Lonza last Monday but they have not contacted me for interview and I only have until this friday to reply back to A*star, what should I do in this situation? My qualifications is only a private degree, Bsc(Biomedical Science) from Uni. of Bradford, gotten from MDIS.

PS: I really hate having to work 6 days a week in A*star as compared to 3.5 days in Lonza.

Thank you so much for reading and I really appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks again and have a nice day!