Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Process Technicians at oil refineries in SG
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2014, 08:17 PM

techreactor is on a distinguished road

I guess here in Texas we don't look at how much we make a month, but more like how much we make an hour/year. Most Operators in refineries around the USA will top out at 30+ dollars an hour. So without working any overtime I usually make around 80k USD a year. Last year I made 93k and I think I worked around 200 hours of OT. A lot of people made more than me because they chose to work more. Most of my coworkers made around 105-115k last year. Not bad at all.

The best thing I love about the pay system here is that I work 12 hours. 8 hours of each day I get paid straight time (32.07/hr) and the last 4 I get paid time and a half, so about 48.10/hr. If we don't volunteer for any overtime we only work 4 days one week and 3 days the next. The way the schedule works is that we get about 14 days off a month and 7 of those days off are in a row. Pretty awesome if you are like me and love to take trips and travel. I wonder if this is the same system used in Singapore or if it isn't, what does a typical schedule look like over there?

I wonder if Technicians rotate jobs on their unit as well? I work on one unit (HF Alky) but I rotate between different jobs within our unit. For example one week I'll be working the Acid end, next week I work the Offsites, and then the next week I will be on the board (DCS).