Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

The median household income in Singapore is $7.8k pm or $93k pa. This is very high by world's standards. Most households (85%) live in cheap HDB flats (bought direct from HDB - BTO). Many in their 40s have cleared their HDB loan. With the high income and low property cost, many families are rich, they have enough money to buy cars (look at the many cars in HDB car parks), they have money to go holidays (look at the busy Changi Airport during school holidays), they have money to eat at restaurants (look at how packed restaurants are during weekends, etc.

Our system has made so many rich. The top 15% of Singapore society can even afford to live in condos and landed houses. It shows that if you are hardworking from the day you go to school and at work, you can be very successful.

I came from a low income family. I worked hard, got into top schools and top my Uni course, worked in good companies and made millions. I am now living in luxury in a luxury condo, drives a European car and retired with enough passive income for me and my family.

My advice to the youngsters here is to work hard. Don't waste time on social media, partying, womanizing, watching TV but spend time to educate yourself well. You can be like me. If I can do it, so can you.