Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

We're in the same age group. I graduated with top Honours from NUS and then after working for a few years, I pursued my masters. I excelled in the financial industry, earning top dollars. I managed to growth my wealth and now able to retire comfortably. I now spend my time managing my multi million investment portfolio, reading, swimming at the condo pool and exercising in the gym. I also devote my time helping others by volunteering at charities. Being a kind and generous millionaire feels good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
NTU ME 2nd Upper

My journey thru the years. I stayed in Eng field and worked in only 2 companies throughout. Slowly raised thru the rank from design engineer to senior management.

Monthly salary:
1994 Fresh Grad $2350
1999 5 years $5300 (2nd company)
2004 10 years $8800
2009 15 years $14300
2014 20 years $18100

Nowadays youngsters are impatient, they want to get high starting pay and reach 5 figures in 10 years or less. Took me 12 years to get there, i knew of classmates who are much faster who are either high flyers or know when to hop around every 2-3 years. I am not saying i have an excellent track record but overall i think i did fairly ok, maybe a B-. Not to show off here but to show what is realistic and achievable in your salary expectation My advice to young grads is to be willing to work long, hard & smart, be the expertise in your chosen field and the reward will come. You are your best investment!

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app