Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Joining MAS from a foreign bank
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 11:39 PM

Confuse is on a distinguished road
Default Joining MAS from a foreign bank

Hi people,

This is my first time posting here and I will like to seek some advice. Recetly I have been invited for an interview with MAS for a Assistant Director / Associate position in one of their departments. I am currently working in the back office and the position which I have applied to in MAS is also in their operations department.

I will like to ask how will the career progression be like in MAS and whether there is any chance for internal transfer in MAS? The thing is I dont really like what I am doing now and I dont think I will learn much from my current job. Should I stay in the private sector and try to look for other postions in other banks or should I join MAS if I am offered the position.

One thing I understand is that for jobs in the civil service, they will look at the classification of your degree and pays you according to it. To be honest, I have only a pass degress from NUS, which is my I am very confuse right now. Any knows how will my payscale be like in MAS as compared to those scholars and those with 1st class honours?

Thank you all for your advice!!