Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

The many posts I read here remind me of my own "wealth journey", except that now people are attaining millionaire net worth at younger ages.

This attests that our country and economy are progressing over the years.

Ford example, our net worth (incl. our property (HDB)) only hit $1m when we were in our mid to late 30s. Now people are this figure in their late 20s to early 30s.

So although I think we did relatively well to grow our net worth to what it is today ($5m+ in our mid 50s), I know this will be surpassed easily by the newer generation.

It is for this reason, I felt prices of things (inflation) can only go up. We aim to continue working for as long as we can before we start to draw down on our savings. In the meantime we have been building up investments that will provide us some passive income to supplement our savings. We expect our expenses to be reduced in our retirement years, but we would like to continue to live our current lifestyle - live in our current condo, have a car, maid, annual holidays overseas, and dining in restaurants once a week.

We estimated that we would need $100k pa to sustain that lifestyle. Our passive income income currently is $80k pa. We give ourselves another 3 - 5 years to achieve $100k pa in passive income.